Rich in Amenities
- Convenient, desirable Palo Alto location
- Breathtaking views (San Francisco Bay and East Bay hills to the east, Stanford and Santa Cruz Mountains to the west)
- Bright, maintenance-free balcony apartments
- Rooftop dining/event space
- Rooftop walking track
- Spacious main lobby
- Guest rooms for friends and family
- State-of-the-art fitness center
- Indoor heated pool
- Multimedia library
- Computer lab
- Game room
- Woodworking studio
- Painting studio
- Sewing room
- Garden patios
- Full kitchen/private dining room on each floor
- Reserved underground parking (additional fee)
Electricity, heat, cooling, water and trash service are all included in your monthly fee.
Your monthly fee also includes basic cable TV and high-speed internet access.
Every apartment receives complimentary telephone service through the Channing House central phone system. Local and long distance calling is included.
Impeccable service from a regularly assigned housekeeper that includes vacuuming, mopping, dusting, providing fresh bed linens and towels, and cleaning the kitchen and bathroom.
The Channing House maintenance department performs all necessary repairs and upkeep, including maintenance of heating, cooling, water and other systems.
Our maintenance department designs and installs lighting, cabinets and other items that make your apartment a true expression of your taste and style. Additional fees apply.
Security and Safety
Channing House has security cameras located in the buildings and garages. The Front Desk is staffed 24/7. Exterior doors are always locked, and residents enter by buzzing the doorbell and being admitted by the Front Desk staff. Security staff are on duty from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m. to provide an additional feeling of safety and security for our residents and their families.
Nurses are available to assist in emergency situations 24-hours/day. If you dial 911 from your house phone, the Front Desk receives a notification and will dispatch a Channing House team nurse to your apartment.
Every Channing House resident receives an emergency pendant that uses in-house wireless technology to locate you anywhere in the building and provide immediate assistance.
All apartments feature safety grab bars in the bathrooms, which also feature safety pull cords and motion sensors.
Keeping a car at Channing House is easy.
- Reserved Resident Parking is available in our two underground parking garages for a fee.
- Open Resident & Guest Parking is available in our large front parking lot free of charge, and street parking is readily available.
Getting around Palo Alto is a breeze. Here are just a few of your options:
- Complimentary Scheduled Van Transportation to medical appointments within a 12-mile radius, transportation to shopping, errands (with advanced notice), and to/from local airports (for a fee)
- The Marguerite provides transportation around the Stanford University campus
- Caltrain provides easy access to San Francisco, BART and the airport